March 30, 2020.
Hardware and building supply stores have been listed as an essential business. We understand why. During uncertain times there needs to be things that you can rely upon. Our commitment to you is one of those things. With so many things to think about, you shouldn't have to be concerned about being able to make needed repairs. Don't worry, we're taking every precaution to protect you as well as our staff. We are all in this together, and Townsend Building Supply is proud to be doing our part.
Customer Update on Our Response to COVID-19
March 17, 2020
The safety of our employees, their families, and our customers is a priority in everything we do. It is no different during unprecedented times like this. We want to take this opportunity to reassure our valued customers that we intend to stay open and operate as usual as long as we can maintain the safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. We have already begun to take the necessary precautions to ensure that we can remain open.
- Employees are being told to stay home if they are ill.
- We are taking steps to sanitize surfaces at our facilities.
- We will consider telework arrangements for those employees who can perform their jobs from home.
- With our 6 locations, we are prepared to be flexible with staffing to ensure that we can service all of our customers.
- We are in constant communication with our vendors to make sure that we do not run out of the products our customers need. At this time we are well stocked and have seen no evidence of material shortages.
While employee and customer safety is a top priority we also recognize the importance that the construction and homebuilding industry plays in the overall health of our economy, and as a result, the effect it has on people’s well being. We are committed to doing our part to keep our economy as strong as possible. We are committed to doing everything in our power to provide jobs for our 115 employees and to enable our customers to continue to provide jobs to their employees and their subcontractors.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to continuing to serve you during this time of uncertainty. Thank you for everything you do for our communities.
Michael Townsend President